Mini-grants are a new program beginning in January 2024. Four mini-grants will be given in the first year of the program, at up to $500 per recipient.
Please see the list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) here.
To apply for a mini-grant, please fill out this form.
Please note, this grant is age restricted. To apply for a grant, please make sure you meet the following qualifications:
– You are between 18-35 years of age as of the time of your application.*
– You would like to attend a filk event that is currently out of your reach financially.
Helpful notes about the grant:
1. Grants are given quarterly in April, July, October and the following January. The next grant will be announced in April of 2024.
2. Grants are reviewed by a committee. Your application will be seen by up to 10 humans as we process your pitch.
3. Please write a coherent pitch with your reasons for wanting to attend that specific event. Pitches asking for sponsorship to “any event” will not be considered.
4. You only need to apply once per calendar year to be eligible for all four of the following grant periods.
5. Your application expires a year from the quarter when you applied, so if you apply in June, your application will expire the following July. You are then eligible to apply again, provided you are still under age 35 at the time of application.
6. If you are not awarded a grant in any of your four eligible quarters, you will receive an email at the end of that quarter letting you know that you are now eligible to apply again.
7. You can receive more than one grant, but subsequent grants depend on the size of the candidate pool. Apply often, and you may receive more than one grant before you turn 35.
If you have questions about the grant process that are not answered here or in the FAQ, please email mini-grants at interfilk dot org.
*Teenagers with an adult guardian will also be seriously considered on a case-by-case basis. Grants will be awarded in the name of the teen applying.